Dr. K N Balasubramanya Murthy
Title :Principal & Director
Qualification :M.E. (IISc), Ph. D (IIT-M)
Department :Information Science
Contact Details & Specialization
Prarthana, 53/54, II cross, Anjanadri Layout, Konanakunte, Bangalore – 560 062,
Phone No : +91 080-26323140,
- Has 30 years of experience in teaching, Training, Industry, Administration, and Research.
- Studied in University of Mysore for Bachelors, IISc, Bangalore for Masters and IIT for Ph.D. as well as New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, USA for post-doc fellowship
- Has vast experience and expertise in heading a big team of professionals
- Presently, as the head of PESIT campus, manages around 300 teaching staffs, 400 non-teaching staffs, and 4000 students of UG and PG
- Has helped the Institute’s Governing Council by dynamic professional work which helped in profitable budgeting without losing the safe and healthy environment of the institutes served
- Greatest strengths which helped to achieve a successful head position are highest level integrity, logical and critical thinking, ability to solve the problem quickly and efficiently, excellent communication skills and management ability
- Has brought in culture change in all the institutions worked in so far in terms providing motivation to team members
To work in a challenging environment that has scope for strategic management, leadership, development, creativity and innovation
|Ph.D.||IIT, Chennai||Computer Science and Engineering||April 1996|
|M.E.||IISc, Bangalore||Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore||Jan.1986|
|B.E.||Mysore University||Electrical Power Engineering||Aug. 1980|
Aug 2005 –
Principal and Director, PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore
July 2001 –
Principal and Professor of Computer Science, East West Institute of Technology, Bangalore
May 2000 –
Member Technical (grade I), Analytix Systems Pvt.Ltd and Software Architect, Lisle Technology Partners (India) Pvt.Ltd., Bangalore
Lecturer and Assistant Professor, and I/C Professor, Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan
Lecturer, JM Institute of Technology, Chitradurga
Lecturer, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
Lecturer, Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan
1) Received an invitation and visited the Department of Computer Science Engineering of New Mexico University, USA as Research Specialist. The assignment was for a 6-month period, involving teaching post graduate engineering students and research work in the area of parallel computing. This work culminated to publishing a Text Book.
2) Visited Singapore to present a research paper in IEEE TENCON conference during 1994-95
3) Visited Mauritius as the chairman of LIC team to inspect JSS Academy of Technical Education and submit a report to VTU on the overall
- M/s Analytix Systems Pvt. Ltd.: Worked as a Member, Technical (Grade I) Software Developer for the company; allied jobs included writing business proposal for project funding, planning of products, defending project proposals through presentations; conducting projects and report writing and presentations.
- M/s. Lisle Technology Partners (India) Pvt. Ltd.: The responsibilities included Software Development, Project Delivery and Project Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS PRINCIPAL AT EAST-WEST INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BANGALORE
I served as the First Principal to East-West Institute of Technology, when it was founded in the year 2001. The job demanded overall management of academics, management and administration. I was actively involved in the overall developmental activities of the college including infrastructure and buildings, their planning and development, formulating and putting academic and administrative processes in place; Recruiting faculty and non-technical staff members and framing of service rules and enforcement of discipline. The institute got a reputation as a best sought after college and a destination to average merited students and transforming them to the stream of substantially merited students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS DIRECTOR & PRINCIPAL AT PESIT:
Making proposals to the management about the educational character and mission of the College, and for implementing the decisions of the university and college management;
The organization, direction and management of the College, and leadership of the staff;
The appointment, assignment, grading, appraisal, suspension, dismissal, and determination within the framework set by the Governing Council, of the pay conditions of service, of staff;
The determination, of the College’s academic activities, and for the determination of its other co-curricular activities; Benchmarking in curriculum aspects, staff performance
The maintenance of student discipline and, within the rules and procedures suspension or expulsion of students on disciplinary grounds, and for implementing decisions to expel students for academic reasons; Innovation of issuance of infraction slips as a measure of attitude- correction, for erring students on the counts of indiscipline;
Management and development of institutes’ hostel facilities for scholars-both boys, 1200 in number and girls, 800 in number currently housed in five on-campus and three out-of-campus hostels.
Steering the academic research and developmental activities, encouraging flow of extramural funds, academic collaboration of national and international nature that promotes, complements and supplements undergraduate and postgraduate research activities of the College
Setting standards, conforming to laid academic policies, amending policy guidelines when required, articulating and communicating the same to target groups and ensuring streamlined implementation for enhanced effectiveness;
Ensuring that any funds from the management, university or grant agencies are used only for the purpose for which they are given, and in accordance with any terms and conditions laid down by the respective fund-awarding agency;
Advising the management and or university if at any time any action or policy under consideration by them is incompatible with reality or practicality on ground during implementation or execution of rules and regulations;
Ensuring the proper and effective operation of the controls established by the management and university to safeguard funds and property;
Giving effect to the management’s policies for securing the efficient, economical and effective management of all the College’s resources and expenditure;
Keeping the management fully informed on the state and progress of the College; Inculcating healthy practices and academic environment; Suggesting and ensuring provision of the best infrastructure facilities
Submitting, either orally or in writing, such reports as the university and management may request;
Providing such further information as may be required by the university and management.
NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT AS PRINCIPAL, PESIT:
1. Worked for securing Autonomous status within two years of joining;
2. Worked for obtaining Research Centre recognition for all the eligible branches to initiate M.Sc (Engg) and PhD research,
3. Initiated 5 M.Tech Courses;
4. Responsible for enhancing PhD faculty from 4 to 64 in last four years; set an impetus to UG Research activities
5. Responsible for recognition of FIRST PACE INTITUTION in south east Asia by General Motors.
6. Responsible for getting a grant of 60 Lakhs over three years (from 2010 to 2013) for establishing a centre of excellence in HIGH VOLTAGE and POWER SYSTEM STABILITY
7. Responsible for pushing the institute to involve in all five activities of academic excellence such as TEACHING, TRAINING, RESEARCH, CONSULTANCY and TESTING
1) Presently guiding 3 students for doctoral program in the area of mobile ad-hoc networks, tunneling protocols, village networking, and home networking.
2) Presently serving as a member on the board of advisors of Cognitaa and UVinix
3) Has experience of Software development, project management, software quality control and customer interaction, etc.
4) Worked as the principal of East West Institute of Technology from 2001-2005 and contributed for developing infrastructure, obtaining ISO 9001:2000 certification, organizing skill development programs, arranging for campus recruitment, conducting national level conferences and endowment lectures, signing MOU with Plymouth University, UK, introducing innovative teaching methods, etc.
5) Worked as a member of Academic senate of Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum from April 2004 – August 2005.
6) Worked as chairman and member of Local Inquiry committee of VTU.
7) Worked as a member of AICTE inspection committee.
8) Worked as a member/Chairman of BOE and BOS of University of Mysore, and Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum
9) Coordinated national level workshops and seminars, retooling training program for KPC engineers.
10) Reviewed both journal and conference papers of national and international repute.
11) Published several research papers (11 international journal, 12 international conference, 2 national journal, 4 invited papers, 13 national conference papers, and 4 technical reports) and authored one book titled “New parallel algorithms for direct solution of linear equations” published by John Wiley and Sons, New York (ISBN 0-471-36165-8)
12) Delivered several technical talks on parallel processing.